Sunday, January 14, 2007







Claire and I spent a few days in Changewater visiting Grandma and Pappy Devlin. She had a blast showing off her new kicking and punching skills and flashed them lots of her big dimpled smiles. Great "Grambo" and Elmer came for a visit as well as my friend Karen.

At night Claire and I shared the same bedroom that Marcie and I shared while growing up.... The same room that once had a rainbow mural on one wall and posters of Kirk Cameron, Ricky Schroder, and Ralph Macchio on the other three....The same room where I actually sat, wrote down, and memorized all of the words to Rob Base's "It Takes Two" (yeah Karen...you know what I'm talking about!) whispered late night phone calls to my girlfriends, cried over boys, and had drunken chocolate cake fights with Moller and the Roesnner brothers (sorry Mom & Dad!)...The same room where I slept the night before my wedding and now the room where I lay (lie?) and listen to all of the familiar creaks and squeaks mixed in with the steady breathing of my sleeping baby girl. What can I say? I guess motherhood has made me sentimental!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww.....
such sweet memories... all good,
(except that chocolate cake fight, right Amy???? )
I know it was Matt Roesner's fault!
He's not here to defend himself!
it is 'kind of' funny now :)

Anonymous said...

I must be PMSing cause Iam into a full on boo-hoo! That has got to be the sweetest thing I've ever read. Corey, your not going to believe me but Olivia was born into the house I grew up in and I remember late night feedings in my old room. Kinnda crazy in a cool way.Love you.
Lill

Anonymous said...

It is "lie" down . . . "lie" means to recline, whereas "lay" means to place something inanimate, such as a piece of drunken, chocolate cake. Do I sound pretentious? I'm just trying to spread the love!!!

Claire is so sweet, I can't even handle it. She is changing so much and I can't wait to meet her someday. Give her a little kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Frannie. You get a gold star.

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaaaa!!! i can taste that chocolate cake right now!!! and i remember how freezing it was, but i'd "lie" under a thousand goosedown cat blankets that made my eyes swell & my nose sneeze...ahh..but then there'd be mike castner!!! ha!!! but, seriously, it is sooo true, isnt' it? that you just get soooo sentimental & totally revert back...i go "home" once a week just to feel comfortable & secure with my little boy...in just a different way. so glad you did it!!!

Unknown said...

Isn't it so wonderful........beautiful memories...and a very precious moment with your little girl. Isn't Motherhood the most incredible thing?!?

Anonymous said...

Frannie,
I don't know if I met you at Corey's wedding but I just want to say, I enjoy your comments and think you would be a blast to hang out with. Corey, see what you can do about that...
Lill

Anonymous said...

If anyone else would like to joing Frannie's fan club, please call
1-800-555-FANnie.