
Click on the above picture to enlarge.
On April 28th, Steve and I, along with our extended families, are going to be participating in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica 2007 in Bridgewater, NJ.
The March of Dimes mission to prevent birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality is an important one. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death. ONE out of every EIGHT babies is born too soon in this country and in our state of NJ.
Due to the prenatal care I received while pregnant and the neonatal care Claire received after her birth, Claire's story has a happy ending. Unfortunately that is not always the case. The monies raised during WalkAmerica will fund research, provide families with information and emotional support, advocate for expanded access to health insurance for mothers and babies and assist healthcare professionals to better detect women at risk for premature birth.
We are walking in honor of all babies who have needed special care, but especially for Claire, Livija, Magnuss, Mattisse, Aleks, and Anna (Marcie's niece and nephews).
If you would like to make a donation you may send me a check made out to March of Dimes or make an online donation at
Corey: www.walkamerica.org/CoreyMc
3 comments:
I'll be walking to just wanted to say I love the picture. Who would've thought Livi would be raising the roof in a years time?
Our little grandbabies have come a long way!!
God's little miracles!!!
great idea! i'll be supporting you guys...cor..i'll call ya!
Post a Comment