I honestly don't know where our quiet sweet baby went. Just over the past week or so Claire has developed a very LOUD presence. What starts out as cute baby talk ala Pebbles dramatically changes to a very boisterous shout (as in the previously posted video clip). How do you teach a baby volume control? She talks/yells ALL DAY LONG.
Here's what she's saying (or trying to say) these days..........
"BOOOOOOO" (When asked what a cow says. Close, right? Must be a ghost cow.)
"EEE EEE EEE" (When asked what a monkey says)
"WOO WOO" (When asked what a dog says)
"AAAA AAAA" (When asked what a sheep says)
For some reason she thinks a pig growls. It's her favorite animal sound to make.
Mommy
Daddy
Doggy
Duggy or sometimes Guck for Duck(y)
Teeeeee (for teeth) She'll crawl into the bathroom, point at her toothbrush and yell "Teeeeeeee". She loves getting her teeth brushed!
Ba-Bau (for ball)
Baby
Gabbie (or sometimes Babbie)
Iney (for hiney)
Emmo or MoMo (for Elmo)
"BOOOOOOO" (When asked what a cow says. Close, right? Must be a ghost cow.)
"EEE EEE EEE" (When asked what a monkey says)
"WOO WOO" (When asked what a dog says)
"AAAA AAAA" (When asked what a sheep says)
For some reason she thinks a pig growls. It's her favorite animal sound to make.
Mommy
Daddy
Doggy
Duggy or sometimes Guck for Duck(y)
Teeeeee (for teeth) She'll crawl into the bathroom, point at her toothbrush and yell "Teeeeeeee". She loves getting her teeth brushed!
Ba-Bau (for ball)
Baby
Gabbie (or sometimes Babbie)
Iney (for hiney)
Emmo or MoMo (for Elmo)
Ni Ni (for "Night Night")
No (Unfortunately she's very good at this one and uses it when she means it!)
HiBye-Bye
She'll attempt to repeat a lot of what we say too (like Pappy, apple, thank you, please) but isn't quite saying them on her own yet. I can't wait until her baby talk turns to real words so I can finally discover what she's yelling about all day!
8 comments:
Oh my gosh!
She looks so big, and much older here!!!
I miss her! Has she grown that much since we were down there a couple of weeks ago?
What a cutey!!!
Gramma & Pappy
My nephews are 3 and 5...and according to my sister they still haven't stopped yelling. She's seriously considering ear plugs. If you figure out how to teach Claire about volume control, please share it w/ Maureen!
Best of luck! : )
She is getting so big. Where did the time go? So SASSY!!!
What about Jackkk?
You can't forget Jackkk.
Your Guy Forever,
Jackson
Yeah Mommy. You forgot that I can say JaCKKKKK.
Pen-pals already?!
Mom, and Aunt Corey,wait till they're in college. You two will be in-laws!!!! Well, I can't leave Gabbie and Letta out can't I?
That just smells like trouble.
What are ya gonna do right?
When I get a cell phone (when I'm 13)you can just call me and ask me to babysit!
Olivia
What?
Olivia's Mom
PS. This is what happens when you leave your child on the computer unattended.
So does that mean a cell phone at age 13 is out of the question? And here I thought you were the coolest mom ever.
Post a Comment