Monday, July 14, 2008

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF...
Ok, I'm feeling much better since Saturday morning's post. Last night Steve and I went to visit Keira and guess what? She was turned down to room air! What is that you ask? I'll explain as simply as I can.........
Normal room air in a room is about 21 percent oxygen. Since Keira has difficulty with her breathing, she has been needing higher concentrations of oxygen to breathe so she has been getting her oxygen at varying levels from her nasal cannula. Recently she's been around 40 percent, give or take. While visiting her this weekend (and after a few days of being on her diuretic) she was turned down to about 35 percent (again, give or take) so imagine our surprise when we arrived and she was on 21 percent, ROOM AIR! This lasted only a few minutes, but still the highest amount of oxygen she was on the entire day was 28 percent! This is an incredible accomplishment for Keira and offers us great encouragement that maybe it is just time and patience Keira still needs to grow healthier lungs. I am so happy that our little girl is still outshining her x-rays. What an overachiever. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

big sigh of relief from gramma and pappy, too :)
She has come such a long way already....such a determined little 'tinkerbell'!
She will make it... just alittle more time :)
gramma

jackie said...

AHHHH! Happy to hear the good news. Beautiful pics of you and Steve with Keira.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news!!!