While we were at the hospital picking up the baby, Grandmom Esther was holding down the fort at home and taking care of Claire. We called her as we got closer to home so that she could take Claire out for a walk to buy us some time while we figured out how to carry the baby, an apnea monitor, and an oxygen tank into the house and then safely set it up so that a toddler and a hyperactive dog wouldn't get tangled in the lines. We finally figured it out, just in time for Grandmom and Claire to get home. We showed Claire her baby sister, and.....well, Claire pretty much had no reaction. She was more interested in who was going to take her back "outshide". Go figure.
After some more playing we got her ready for bed and as I was nursing Keira I could see Claire watching me from out of the corner of my eye. Every time I turned to look at her she would quickly look away and put Bear over her face. This morning however she is showing a lot more interest in the changes in the house. She keeps pointing to all of the equipment and asks "What's that?" over and over and over...... She also keeps asking me "Baby?" and then I show her the sleeping baby and she just stares and says "Shhhhhhhh." One time she even blew a big kiss. "Mmmmmmaaahhh". I think Claire's going to be ok afterall. :)
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Where is Starla? Staging a riot? Protesting?
fantastic pics...everyone looks happy, love steve's smile, keira looks EXACTLY like claire's 3 week old pics (go back to the archives..twins, i swear) & your hair looks fabulous all straight in this 90 degree humidity-go figure. (and why do you have long sleeves on?
Amy - there is an industrial strength air conditioner behind Corey in the long-sleeve pic. I know because we have the same one. It goes from zero to ice in approximately 42 seconds. Viva la a/c!
Wow Frannie. Your superhuman power of observation is quite scary. And yes, that is exactly why I am dressed for January.
Post a Comment