Wednesday, July 16, 2008

KEIRA IS 11 WEEKS OLD
Here she is being held by her Aunt Marcie for the first time.

As I described in a recent post, Keira's is still struggling with her Chronic Lung Disease, but is doing great despite it. She has grown to 4 pounds 11 ounces and is pretty much bottlefed or breastfed every other feeding. She is nourished through her feeding tube for the rest. The goal is to get her strong enough to end her need for the tube altogether and the nurses tell me she is well on her way to do just that. There really isn't much more to report. During one of our recent conversations with Dr. Coleman, I was told that Keira is getting to be "extremely cute". This was mixed in somewhere between telling me that she has been moved down to one liter with her nasal cannula, that her milk intake has been increased a few cc's and that we are continuing her on the diuretic. I asked Dr. Coleman if this was a formal medical diagnosis and she replied, "Yes it is." So there you have it people. Keira is eleven weeks old and is "extremely cute". It is official.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the picture....and I can imagine how 'extremely cute' she is, as look at her big sister and her Momma and Dadda!!!

I have been keep sweet Kiera in my thoughts and prayers that her lungs improve and I'm so thrilled to see her gaining so well.

I can't wait till I get the chance to hold your youngest daughter!!!

Anonymous said...

Very few people ever officially receive the "extremely cute" diagnosis, especially at such a young age. Kiera clearly has the "X" factor.

It sounds like she's doing great, and just a few ounces away from coming home!

Anonymous said...

I think you had twins Corey just a year and a half apart. She is so precious. I have been praying for you guys and I will continue.
love, Phyllis

amy said...

great pic aunt marcie!!! i'm so glad that keira leigh is doing great!! she must be overly excited that her husband was born this week..hahah!!!