Keira is 15 weeks old and is the sweetest baby.
Look at how much she has grown!

Unfortunately I do not have time to post much at the moment, but believe me when I tell you that Keira is such a sweetheart. She loves to be cuddled, have her head rubbed, and swinging in her swing. She is eating every 4 hours and is continuing to grow and grow. Her oxygen isn't nearly as complicated or scary as I had thought it was going to be, but being attached to a tank all day and night is no picnic. Her cord is only 7 feet long so while she is awake I am pretty much tied to the couch. It is frusterating, but is temporary. There really is no telling how long she will be in need of the oxygen. The pediatrician checks her blood saturation levels at each visit. He uses this little sensor that he presses against her foot and it reads onto a screen with numbers that represent the oxygen being carried in her blood. At last week's visit she read about a 92. He said he wouldn't consider weaning her until she read a 98. Let's keep our fingers crossed that her reading at next week's visit is higher!
4 comments:
I hope she is off oxygen soon! She is absolutely precious. I just want to scoop her up.
Gramma misses her babies...
she does look like she is going to be a little blondie...
She is just such a cutie!! I want to pinch her little chubby cheeks.
We haven't wanted to bother you, but we are keeping up to date with the blog. Keira is so beautiful! We are so happy she is doing so well. Keep up the good work Keira! Claire is getting so big and what a cutie! As always if you need anything just call. Take Care~
Post a Comment