
We recently had Keira's appointment with the pulmonologists at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). It was both good and disappointing all at the same time.
Although they feel she is doing well and are happy with how consistant her weight gain has been, they feel that weaning her off oxygen right now may not be the best thing. In their experience the specialists think that a baby as small as Keira does better overall staying on all medications and oxygen. They also ordered us ANOTHER monitor to keep at the house that will allow us to check her pulse ox at home. I was glad to hear that Keira is doing well, but the thought of her staying on the oxygen and the medications, as well as getting another monitor for us to lug around, was so discouraging. I feel like we just took two steps back.
While at CHOP, Keira had follow up bloodwork and chest x-rays. We're still waiting for the results of those. We will officially be told to keep her on oxygen/medications once those results are read. She hated getting the x-rays and screamed the entire time, but surprisingly she slept right through the bloodwork! She was really such a good baby the entire day we spent at the hospital. We decided to treat our little girl (and ourselves!) to lunch out in Philly. How many 5 month olds do you know that have dined at City Tavern? Well, now you know at least one. You should have seen us carrying the stroller up the entrance stairs to get inside. (What can I say? It feels like FOREVER since we've been able to eat somewhere cool and we were DETERMINED to get inside!!) Steve and I chowed down on their Oktoberfest menu and specialty beers (Is that bad? LOL) while our sweet little one slept soundly in her stroller. It was a very big day!
3 comments:
I just want to scoop her up and give her a big hug!!!!
She looks so good and soooo cute!
gramma
she will be fine... she is a very determined little girl! :)
Hang in there Corey. Keira will be fine. She is such a strong girl and doing so amazing already. Plus she has a really great mommy to help her through anything.
I love her face in this picture. She's beautiful.
Post a Comment