Tonight had all the makings for a perfect Halloween...The night sky clear and full of stars, the fall air with just the right amount of crispness to it, and my two girls...Little Red Riding Hood and a cuddly little bear.
We took both girls out this year and it was so much fun! Lots of neighbors came out to see Keira. Some we knew and some we didn't, but all were eager to see our littlest one and let us know that she has been in their thoughts and prayers all this time. It felt so good to be holding her as we walked from house to house and to look down at her CHUBBY face poking out of her bear costume. If you had told me six months ago that I would be doing just that this Halloween I wouldn't have believed you in a million years.
Seeing Trick-or-Treating through Claire's eyes was like reliving the Halloween night excitement from my childhood. She absolutely loved it! Each time Trick-or-Treaters approached our house she yelled "KIDS! KIDS!" and stuffed fistfuls of candy into their bags. She was beside herself when it was our turn to walk around for treats, and pointed at all of the decorations and pumpkins while saying over and over and over "This is spooky." I don't know where she got that from, but it was fitting for Halloween night and it never got less funny to me each time she said it. Halfway around the block she tired out and her Daddy had to carry her, but her mouth did not stop. "Look Daddy! Stars!" "It's dark here." "This is delicious!" On and on she went. If you told me twelve months ago Claire would be this vocal or this excited to celebrate Halloween like a big girl, I again, probably wouldn't have believed you. Makes me wonder what next year will bring!
9 comments:
i'm all teared up...that was awesome! both girls look absolutely wonderful...i'm SO glad you had a good time...you guys deserve it!
Keira's face is unforgettable! Without her tubes (in first photo), I am completely in awe at her cheerful and chubby cheeks! Grandpa Phil would have been so tickled by Keira's costume as Mike remembers him always being so fond of bears. It's great that Claire enjoyed all the Halloween energy, too. I hope the girls slept well that night and gave their "mummy" a Halloween treat of sleep. We miss y'all!
That was such a sweet post, Corey. Your girls are just beautiful. (P.S. I love Claire's little hiney sticking out of her dress!)
Yes, a rare photo of Keira without her tubes! She kept pulling it off all day long and it was really irritating her skin so we let her go for a few hours. She did great!
And yes, I love Claire's little hiney sticking out too. I wondered who would notice it.
our grandaughters are the cutest little "halloweener's we've ever seen... "in the whole wide world" and in our whole life" , as Livi would say :)
gramma
The girls look great! Love seeing your updates. So happy Keira is growing in leaps and bounds! And Claire is just hilarious!!! I love it all!!! Take care! Love ya, Mary
The girls look so adorable. And I love Claire's little hiney sticking out. So happy you had such a great night Trick or Treating and being with your family.
OMG that pic of teeny tiny Red Riding Claire next to the biiiiggg ghost and pumpkin is classic - totally perfect shot!
I loved the "LITTLE SNOW MONSTER" picture. I can just see Little Clair Bear lumbering through the fallen snow...exploring the new white world as she goes. I bet that she didn't know exactly what to make of it all. Thank you for sharing this picture. I love it! Grandmom Mc.
Post a Comment