Although she is growing stronger each day, she has been showing a little bit of delay with her head control and upper body strength. We had Early Intervention come in to do an evaluation on her and overall they thought she was doing pretty well for a 3 month old (all of her development and growth is gaged on the age she is supposed to be), but felt that she could benefit from some assistance in meeting her milestones. Beginning in the next few weeks we will be having a developmental interventionist come out to the house twice a month to show us some exercises and activities we can do with Keira to help her get strong enough to meet goals like rolling over, sitting up, grabbing for toys, etc.
Also since my last post, Keira got sick. She had a stuffy nose, was irritable, and lacked an appetite for a couple of days but it wasn't until her pulse ox started showing a very elevated heartrate did I become nervous. She developed a fever on the way to the pediatrician and upon examination, it was determined that she had a double ear infection!! Poor baby! We left with a prescription for an antibiotic and and me scratching my head wondering how she could have gotten sick when we live in a virtual bubble! She's doing much better now though and although I'd rather she didn't get sick at all, I was relieved that it was nothing that effected her lungs.
We also went back to the NICU for a check-up in their high risk clinic. She will go every 4 months for the neonatologists and physical therapists to evaluate her development. (Claire also attended these appointments up until she turned 18 months old.) This check-up was pretty similiar to her evaluation with Early Intervention so there were no surprises, but it was great to show Keira off to all of the doctors and nurses who took such good care of her her first three months of life. They oohed and ahhed at her cuteness and couldn't get over how chubby she is getting. Keira turned on the charm with smiles and coos and her new hobby, blowing bubbles. It felt great to show her off. I was one proud mommy.
5 comments:
She has changed again...
So cute and I love the picture with her sucking her thumb..(Aunt Karla was a thumb sucker) :)
She is strong, and her neck strength will come with those excercises, I am sure!
She is one determined baby, with a great mommy and daddy..... and sister :) and puppy 'Starla'!
Gramma... I miss my girls! :)
Here's to Keira reaching many milestones ahead! Lots of love to all of you. xoxo
There's Frannie, always looking for something to toast...
She is getting cuter and cuter with every post. I also love the one of her sucking her thumb (don't you remember, I also sucked my thumb- for a very long time! Is that genetic?) I thought the picture of her in the baseball hat was Claire at first! They look so much alike.
Marcie, don't you pay any mind to me and my gallon jug of Carlo Rossi. Okay? Thanks. Bye.
Post a Comment