Wednesday, April 22, 2009


Spring is here and so is......
YARD WORK!



.Claire insisted on helping out.  She worked for hours and loved every minute of it.  (Me and Steve?  Not so much.  Just kidding....it felt good to get outside and get something accomplished.) She found two worms which she named, Slimey and Wormy and carried her rake everywhere.  By day's end, we finished the entire front yard (minus a small area where we need more mulch) and had worked muscles that hadn't been worked in months (or ever, maybe?).  The next morning Claire put her shoes on and went straight for the front door.  When I asked her where she was going she said, "I have to go to work, Mom."  Future landscaper maybe?

5 comments:

Linda Devlin said...

Awwwww!
How many years do you think you can get away with this 'helpfullness'? :)
Too cute ~
love, gramma

Liz said...

Claire and Keira have such expressive eyes! I'm surprised Claire wasn't afraid of holding the worm....I would so be screaming if I was her age.

Imants said...

What a good helper. Livija found 2 worms, Likard and Vikard. She picked them up with a napkin. Claire is gutsy.
The word verification I am getting is
vagisize
wth?

Imants said...

I am hysterical. Apparently I am logged in as Imants.

MyMike said...

Claire is the cutest little helper ever.
MyMike