Thursday, May 21, 2009

KEIRA'S FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY
As Keira's birthday was approaching, I was very unsure if I wanted to throw her a birthday party or just have a quiet celebration at home.  Her birth day was not a particularly happy day for us.  April 29th may mark the day our daughter was born, but it is also the day that was filled with unbearable fear, sadness, guilt, anger, exhaustion.....It was the day my body gave up and our teeny tiny baby girl started her fight for survival.  I never even got to see Keira on the day she was born.  

So yeah...I was feeling pretty emotional these few months leading up to Keira's first birthday.  Lots of ups and downs.  Then Keira got off her oxygen.  She started sitting unsupported, rolling over, clapping, popping out a tooth, and developing such a personality.  It was clear to see that she was no longer that sick little baby who came to us April 29, 2008.  That's when it hit me.  How could we not celebrate this beautiful little life?  The party planning began...Tents were rented, balloons ordered, menus planned, and before I knew it I had organized a birthday extravaganza!

The party date we chose turned out to be a gorgeous day to celebrate a first birthday.  Keira did really well being passed from family member to family member and looked so pretty in her birthday dress.  Claire played hard with all her little friends.  We had some party games and a parachute as well as the kiddie pool filled up to keep the kids busy.  We had so much fun sharing this day with our family and friends.  























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

corey
all ther pictures turn out great,everyone and keria look so happy. Happy Birthay Keria
Fran Hoffman

jackie said...

The Harker's were so very sad to miss this wonderful occasion. Now we are all jealous when we see just how much fun everyone had! Happy Birthday baby Keira.