Monday, July 06, 2009

When the VanAukens showed up for dinner, little Max had flowers and a card for Claire. Notice "Girlfriend" written on the envelope. When Claire was born, Colleen (Max's mommy) and I started joking that the two were destined for marriage. We even went so far as to tell Max that Claire's name was "Girlfriend". Come on, is there anything funnier than hearing a one year old call a one month old, Girlfriend? Well Max is now four (almost) and to this day he calls Claire, Girlfriend. Never Claire. Maybe our plot to become inlaws will work out in the end afterall.





After gorging on crabs, we sipped on beers while the kids played. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday. Not bad at all. :)

4 comments:

Marcie said...

I'm not sure if I love Claire's goalie stance or Keira's gym teacher outfit more.

Linda Devlin said...

Claire is in love... not sure with the flowers or Max :)or both!
and Keira's 2 piece bathing suit is so cute.. chubby legs, that's what I like to see ;)

Becky said...

I love that he calls Claire "Girlfriend". That's too cute, you need to get this on video next time you see them (Max actually calling her girlfriend ;) )
I love the picture of them standing together with Claire holding her flowers, so sweet!

Mymike said...

It seems that Keira loves the water.
MyMike