Monday, August 03, 2009

Summer Night at the 'Birdfeeder'

What is summer without nights spent on the boardwalk, right?

Keira had her very first Merry-Go-Round ride.  I had a huge lump in my throat the entire time and by the time the ride ended I had big sappy tears running down my cheeks.  Keira didn't have nearly as emotional a response.  She actually had no expression the entire time.  No tears either, so I guess it was a success.
Claire, on the other hand, was overflowing with excitement while on the boardwalk, or 'birdfeeder' as she calls it.  No rhyme or reason as to why it's the 'birdfeeder', she just somehow mixes the two words up in her mind.  It was cause for a lot of confusion and laughs though that night.  We hit all the O.C. hotspots after the rides.  Mack n' Manco's for pizza....Curley's fries....Kohr's Bros for ice cream.....




Doesn't get much better than that!

3 comments:

Christa said...

How sweet!! Love those girls!!!

Aunt Elizabeth said...

Where is Keira's ice cream? Glad to see Claire likes sprinkles, just like Nancy Carol. Looking forward to the Sunday photo shoot!

jackie said...

The Birdfeeder...I love it. I remember when Claire was on the Merry Go ROund for the first time...Wildwood right? You did the same thing...cried.