CLAIRE'S FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL
Claire was very excited.
First Day Photoshoot?
Obviously not so much.
Claire did GREAT on her very first day of Preschool. She let us drop her off without even the hint of a tear. Just a quick wave of the hand, a cheerful "BYE!" and we were dismissed for bigger and better things. (Namely, lots of new toys and kids!)
Miss Karen said Claire was never without a smile the entire morning. (With the exception of my photoshoot apparently.) She had Gym class today where she learned to play 'Duck Duck Goose', made a little Elephant stick puppet, and ate her entire lunch like a Big Girl. Claire was a little disappointed they didn't get to play on the playground, but I told her that was a good reason to look forward to the next school day. For now Claire is only going twice a week for two half day sessions. We may increase to full day sessions if she seems comfortable with it, but for now it is the perfect amount of time for Claire to meet new friends and develop her independence.
I wish I could say I was also tear free today, but that would be a lie. I managed to hold them back until after I had already said my good-byes and had my back to Claire, but the feelings of pride/happiness/sadness/relief/disbelief all overwhelmed me. Where has my baby gone?
5 comments:
she is a little doll!
enjoy these moments...time passes very quickly!
don't blink...she will be leaving for college before you know it!
She looks thrilled.
If I knew any better, I would think you were forcing her to school before she was ready to go! Her expression (or lack there of) says it all.. Glad she really was excited though! It makes me almost cry though, thinking how quickly time passes!
Claire looks mad. Did she forget to study for a test or something?
Mymike
She gives me this face several times a day. I think it's her "I'm not listening/You're not here" face.
Post a Comment