Thursday, June 24, 2010

Claire, 3 years 8 months

I know. She's so pretty, right? And sweet...And fun...And inquisitive...And talkative....
But truth is, she is slowly driving me insane.
How can that be, you ask? Let me give you a peak at what our conversations are like lately....

Claire: Where's Daddy?
Me: At work.
Claire: Why is he at work?
Me: So that we have money.
Claire: Why do we need money?
Me: So that we can buy the things we need like food and clothes.
Claire: Why do we need food?
Me: To keep our bodies healthy and strong.
Claire: Why are we healthy and strong?
Me: Because we eat the food that Daddy's money buys.
Claire: Why does Daddy have money?
Me: Because he works.
Claire: Who works?
Me: Daddy.
Claire: Oh. Where's Daddy?

OH. MY. GOD.

6 comments:

Linda Devlin said...

i am laughing...
but... she is sooo pretty.... :O)

Mymike said...

That is too funny! It is like who's on first.

Marcie said...

hahaha. It's going to be a long year, but it eventually gets better and she'll just ask where babies come from.

Aunt Frannypants said...

That is AWESOME. I'm totally laughing at your expense. : )

P.S. That could easily be a picture of you.

Karen said...

When i hear your stories, i always think "Uh-Oh, that's in my future!" She looks more and more like you as she grows.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! (This is Olivia) I told my mom and MomMom and they both started laughing! I love that little curl in the picture. So cute !!

Livvy