"IT'S HAPPENING!!" ~ Claire McQuaid
"It's happening!" is what Claire yelled to me when she got close enough to her garden to realize that our string bean plants had grown a ton of string beans and were ready to be picked. We got a basket and began picking.
Claire was very excited to see that we were able to fill the entire basket and that it would be enough for us to have with dinner tonight!
Our blueberries are also starting to ripen quite nicely. Chances of us ever filling a basket are pretty slim though considering how young the plants are and how fast Claire's hands are. She picks them and shoves them in her mouth faster than I can stop her. She keeps saying she wants me to make a blueberry pie, but at the rate she picks and eats, I think those blueberries are going to have to be store bought. Shhhhh! Don't tell her though!
And here she is with a mouth full of the blueberries I just told her NOT to pick!
3 comments:
So cute! I love her and her garden.
It is so much fun to see what grows in your garden.. do you remember? You and daddy in the garden? :)
Totally love that second picture AND the hairband.
Post a Comment