Here's a clip of tonight's dinner. What it lacks in good table manners it makes up for in eating and some sister silliness. It does my heart good to have dinners like tonight's!
Monday, January 31, 2011
It's been no secret that mealtime in our house has been very stressful with Keira, and her lung disease makes it imperative that she gains adequate weight. Without good weight gain, there is no significant healthy growth of new lung tissue. Without good eating, there is no weight gain and no new tissue growth. Can you say STRESSFUL??? I've written before about our trips to CHOP to analyze her weight gain (or lack thereof) and all of testing and dietary adjustments we have done to maximize her eating/weight gain. I am so so happy and so so relieved to say that we are seeing improvements! The bulk of her daily calories are still coming from Pediasure, but mealtime has had fewer tears (both Keira's and mine!) over the last three months and even involved actual eating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I especially loved when she said
"I hungry!!!" ;-)
she has come a long way with the loving help of her mommy, daddy, & her sister, Claire ~ Bear!!!!
YOU GO, Keira!!!!!
So Cute!!! Yay KiKi!! They're adorable...Now, if only there were Carrots on that plate! Haha..
Love Olivia ! <3
Post a Comment