Monday, March 21, 2011

IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING! What better way to celebrate the change in season than to start planting our seeds! Today we planted sunflower seeds. We used one of those seed starter kits with the soil pellets. The girls thought it was hilarious that by adding just a little bit of water to the pellets, out came a whole lot of fresh soil. After "growing" their soil, they very carefully planted their sunflower seeds (29 in all).





At 4 1/2 years old, Claire is already an old pro at gardening, but this will be Keira's first year helping out. I thought last year she would be ready, but she was much more interested in eating the mulch and dirt rather than doing any planting, watering, or picking. She's such a big girl and helper now though. I can't wait to see her face when her little seeds start sprouting.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are my gardening idol. Every year I am envious of your beautiful garden! Wish I could get started, but don't know where to begin. These pics are adorable!