HAPPY 4TH OF JULY
We celebrated Independence Day all weekend long with lots of outdoor fun.
We attended a picnic at The Platt's (close family friends of the McQuaids). I don't have any pictures because Steve and I spent most of the time in the pool, but it was a great day filled with lots of sunshine and swimming.
The following day, we headed up north to the annual Devlin 4th of July picnic. The weather didn't cooperate as well as it did the day before though. The late afternoon brought a downpour of rain that sent the adults running for cover under the tents and the kids running out into the rain for some fun. The storm eventually passed and the party continued late into the night. You didn't think a little rain would stop us, do you? I wish I had more pictures, but unfortunately the day went by so fast and my camera spent most of the time sitting in my bag.
Monday, July 4th, we spent at home just the four of us. I did some gardening, Steve cleaned the garage, and the girls played in the backyard. We caught the local fireworks show and the girls LOVED them. Keira could not sit still and just kept jumping and jumping while screaming the color of each explosion of fireworks and Claire kept asking question after question "Why are they so loud?" "How do they make them different colors?" "Who makes the fireworks?"...on and on it went.
No comments:
Post a Comment