We arrived at Sesame Place just in time for their afternoon parade. The girls were THRILLED to see their favorite Sesame friends up close. I think they thought they had died and gone to heaven. I will tell you that by the end of our day at Sesame Place, Claire was a complete believer that she had indeed seen the "real Elmo". For days after she kept saying "I can't believe it. I just can't believe it!" I should also add that for days after, Keira kept demanding "I GO BACK TO SESAME STREET!"
We had the perfect summer weather for our day at Sesame Place. It was about 80 degrees with no humidity. Comfortable for walking around the park and yet hot enough for the girls to enjoy the water park. They splashed, climbed, and floated most of the afternoon. Claire and Keira were a little nervous of the lazy river tubes for some reason, but really loved wading through the pools and chasing eachother in the water. It was fun to see the three of them playing so nicely together.
We dined in Elmo's Restaurant where he and the rest of the Sesame Street gang posed for pictures, sang songs, and danced with all of the excited kids. To say the kids were happy to be so close to Elmo is an understatement. Keira absolutely would not leave him alone. She kept bypassing all the other kids patiently waiting their turn with him and burying her face in his red fur. Steve and I joked that she is probably in every family's photo of their child and Elmo. Keira just wouldn't let go of him!
After dinner, we walked around the park where the girls met up with Bert and Ernie, got their faces painted, and went on lots of rides. It was the perfect day and all three kids LOVED their visit to Sesame Place. Thank you Gramma Esther!

1 comment:
I am so missing vacation and my two darling neices.
Post a Comment