Friday, June 22, 2012

Claire's Last Day of Preschool!
Remember when Claire first started preschool and she would cry and scream every morning when I'd drop her off?  I can remember walking back to my car, tears streaming down my own cheeks, because I could hear her cries as I left and I felt like such a terrible mother.  Her teachers assured me that I wasn't a terrible mother and that she would adjust in time.  I'm not sure I totally believed them, but I stuck with it, and just like they said with some time and adjustment, school days soon became Claire's favorite days.  Notre Dame School did some really wonderful things for Claire.  She made a lot of friends and gained a whole lot of self confidence.  Her teachers describe her as being well behaved, artistic, very social, cooperative, fun, and very smart.  She has all of her pre-kindergarten skills mastered and is ready to go that next step in September.  I am oh so very proud of my Claire Bear!

To celebrate, Notre Dame hosted a little mini graduation ceremony for those moving up to Kindergarten next year.  The theme was a 1950's Sock Hop and the kids all dressed the part as well as sang songs from the 1950's.  Claire was super excited about her poodle skirt and had been practicing "Rockin' Robin", "Splish Splash I Was Taking A Bath", "The Twist" and many others for weeks and weeks.  Unfortunately she came down with pneumonia the very last two weeks of school.  We kept her home and weren't sure if she was even going to be able to participate in the sock hop, but by day 8 of antibiotics, she was finally consistently fever free and cough free and ready to rejoin her friends at school.  Here's some pictures from the graduation day.......







Sadly, the Catholic Church is closing Notre Dame School.  This was the last year for that little school we've grown to love so much.  Here's a picture of Claire in her classroom.  It's all packed up now.  I wonder how much she'll remember as she grows older all of the good times she had in this room.  Morning circle time...learning to write her name...learning the Pledge of Allegiance...sharing cupcakes on birthdays...telling her teacher about her lost teeth...her first time sitting on Santa's lap during the school Christmas party...getting time outs (haha).....
Good bye Preschool.....Hello Kindergarten!

2 comments:

Linda Devlin said...

Wish I could have been there ...
proud of our little Claire Bear! ♥

Linda Devlin said...

Wish I could have been there!! ♥