Thursday, June 28, 2012

FATHER'S DAY!
Father's Day started out as anything but a nice summer day.  It was overcast, windy, and actually pretty cold!  So where did we head to celebrate the fathers in our lives?  The beach, of course.  :p  We met Gramma, Pappy, Marcie, Imants, and the kids at Island Beach State Park.  I hadn't actually been there in years, but it was a favorite when I was growing up.  The chilly weather did not phase the kids one bit.  The dads and kids flew kites, we built sandcastles, and had a picnic lunch.  And then, wouldn't you know it?  The sun came out!  The kids played in the water and we all caught a bit of a tan.





After spending the entire day on the beach, we packed up and drove about ten minutes to Seaside Heights for some boardwalk fun.  Yes, we did get to see Pauly D, Ronnie, Sammi Sweetheart, and all of their camera entourage while grabbing a bite to eat.  Pretty ridiculous!  But Marcie and I also got to see all of the favorite summer spots from our childhood.  Seaside was our place back then, not Snookie's!

No comments: