Wednesday, July 30, 2008

GOOD-BYE NICU!





Leaving the hospital was a very emotional good-bye for me especially. It was so exciting knowing that Keira was coming home, but that excited feeling was also accompanied by FEAR....do I know what I'm doing with the oxygen tanks?....will I really remember CPR if I (God forbid) need it?....SADNESS....I hate good-byes and how do I say good-bye to all of these nurses who took such good care of my baby girl for the first 90 days of her life?.....What is it going to be like with Claire? Shouldn't she still be my baby for a little longer? How is she going to react to having another baby in the house?.....RELIEF & HAPPINESS...No more driving back and forth to the hospital....No more needing permission to hold my daughter...No more missing her in the night and worrying if she's ok.....My family will finally be all together and under one roof..........

All that bottled up emotion led to big tears from me and earned me lots of hugs and encouragement from the nurses and doctors (who were also all teared up, by the way!) and my dear husband just kept that damn video camera on my face the entire time. Anyone want to see what a hormonal wreck looks like, just drop by our house. We'll show you on a big screen TV.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice picture tribute to all the nurses and doctors that so lovingly took Keira under their wing!
I know you will forever be grateful for them for caring for Keira!
I love all the pictures of your new 'family'!
How is Starla with all this??
Gramma

Marcie said...

antsWelcome home, Keira. The pictures are beautiful. I love the one of her in her carseat. She's a gorgeous little peanut.
I got your e-mail but can't open the pictures right now. I'll try again later.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! This is the greatest news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new addition to the family. Can't wait to see her.
love aunt paula, uncle scott and scott