KEIRA'S FIRST WEEK HOME.........
There was a constant parade of Respiratory Technicians, Respiratory Therapists, and Visiting Nurses the first few days of Keira being home. All professionals who are here to make sure her transition is going smoothly and to ease our jitters about all the equipment (ok, MY jitters...Steve is fine). So far, so good.
No wait. Make that so far, so GREAT!
It has been so wonderful to finally do normal things with our baby...give baths...play on the activity mat...dress her up in different outfits...cuddle her on the couch...introduce her to all the sights and sounds that make up (our sometimes crazy, sometimes calm) home. Keira has already gained almost 12 ounces in the past 7 days since she's been home (our goal is one ounce per day...again, what an overachiever, right?) She had her first pediatrician's appointment today and she weighed in at SIX POUNDS! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see her little face every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed. There feels like there has never been a separation between us. I guess in our hearts there never really was.
9 comments:
Keira looks EXACTLY like Claire when she was that little! So happy to see the new pictures and to hear about her weight gain. Way to go Keira!! Hope you are getting some rest and relaxing a little bit while Steve is home this week.
You go Keira!!! (And mom too) Sounds like you guys are all doing so great. Keira is beautiful and looking exactly like her sister did when she came home especially in that little green dress pic. Can't wait till I meet her. I am truly so happy for you all.
We can't wait to visit this weekend!!!
awww...great post...and she is just beautiful!! and BTW, i'm in competition with keira...every ounce she gains i'm trying to lose...so, game on little girl, here comes aunt amymommy!!!
Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you guys. Keira is adorable, she looks alot like Claire!
It looks like Keira is trying to steal Claire's old boy friend "Mr. Pineapple." Is this true? How does Claire feel?
Uncle Mike
Cue the crying. (I really shouldn't read this at work.) So happy to hear everything is going so well. Keira is a little angel.
This is the best news Corey!!!!
So happy for all of you, and I hope to get over soon with those frozen dinners and Claire's WAY OVER DUE b-day presents!!!
Love you
Michelle
we need new pictures
Post a Comment