Saturday, September 20, 2008




Although Keira's doctor appointment went well, she is not yet off the oxygen. The rules have changed a little however.
Keira is to only use her oxygen when she is eating or sleeping. Any other awake time she is oxygen free and I am no longer 'tied' to the livingroom! We've already taken full advantage of this new found freedom (and beautiful weather!) and spent this morning out on the deck and this afternoon on the boardwalk of Wildwood. It felt so good to not only be out of the house, but to have Claire doing something exciting and to have Keira seeing something other than the same four walls. I guess we've all been under house arrest these last 2 months! Claire was a little timid about the rides, but we did manage to get her on a couple. We gave her her first taste of Wildwood's famous Curley's Fries, sticky cotton candy, and a big ice cream cone. She got a tatoo on her arm...two pawprints or her "clues" as she calls them (any Blues Clues fans out there?) Keira relaxed in her stroller, pretty much knocked out by all the fresh air, I think! Our first official outing as a family of four was a success. May it be the first of many!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me cry! What is wrong with me??? It's the little things like taking your family out to enjoy the last few days of summer that the rest of us take for granted. I'm so glad that your house arrest is over and look forward to hearing that Keira is 100% free of the oxygen tank.

I love the pic of Claire w/ the ice cream all over her face and her big girl doggie backpack. Did she pack it with all of her favorite things?

Marcie said...

You must feel like a new woman! I love Claire's tights.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I wish we were there to have fun with you all too!!!
One day we will all go to the boardwalk and play the games, go on rides and eat the junk...
Do you remember Seaside and all the fun we had... i was so excited I couldn't sleep for days before we went down for a week with you kids!!! ( I was a kid too, but you didn't know it :) mom

jackie said...

Looks like a fabulous day. I love Claire's face with the Ice Cream. And great new about Keira coming off the oxygen for most of the day.