Sunday, November 23, 2008

Keira had an appointment with her pulmonologist at CHOP this past week.  After seeing how well she has been doing and the amount of weight she has gained since her last appointment, they are thinking that it might be time to wean Keira off the oxygen a little sooner than they had originally thought.  We are not going to make any changes until she is completely over her ear infections and the stuffy nose that came along with it, but when she is healthy again we are going to give it a try!   Our trial run will be 24 hours without the assistance of her oxygen but while being monitored with her pulse ox.  If she does well, we may be able to take her off the oxygen!  Won't that be great?  I'll keep you posted!
OH! And I almost forgot.  Keira is finally on the growth chart!  The doctors routinely check the baby's weight and height at each visit and then chart it to compare to other baby's their age.  Up until this past visit, Keira's weight and height hasn't made the chart.  This time however she did and is in the 10th percentile for both height and weight for babies 3 1/2 months old (her adjusted age).  We're getting there!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty, happy girl!!! Love that smile. Way to go Keira!!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous news! She's the sweetest little fighter I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

She is adorable and such a happy baby!!!...
Boy - is she her daddy, or what?
We should call her 'Stevie' baby! :)
gramma

Anonymous said...

SO much to be thankful for this year! Enjoy your holiday with your beautiful girls.

jackie said...

Great news!!! She is so cute in this picture.

Marcie said...

This is a beautiful picture... hopefully one of the last with those little tubes. I can't wait to see her tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful she looks in this pic. Those chubby red cheeks I wanna sqeeze'em. She definately looks like daddy. Sorry Corey but she does.
Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy thanksgiving
fran jacob bob hoffman

Anonymous said...

She is a miracle. Yough little cookie too!! oh and BTW, Aunt Corey, Springtime?? I cant wait any longer!!!
Liv

Anonymous said...

i meant tough