Monday, December 15, 2008


You haven't forgotten about us, have you?  It's been awhile since I've been able to sit and write. Being a mother of two has been really keeping me on my toes and the days have been flying by! One of the things on the To Do list that has been keeping me so busy is decorating the house for the holidays.  The twinkling lights, Santas and Snowmen are going pretty unnoticed by Keira this year, but certainly not Claire.  "It's AMAZING." she said of the the fireplace, all done up with garland, lights, and stockings.  "I like big socks".  I had never heard her say the word amazing before, but hearing her little voice say it and then calling the stockings, "big socks" made me completely crack up.  Her enthusiasm didn't stop at the fireplace either.  "It's beet-i-ful" she said upon seeing the lights on the tree for the first time.  She walked right up to it, stuck her face in the branches, closed her eyes, puckered her lips, and kissed a branch.  "Oh mom, I wuv it". 

My little Claire Bear gives me warm fuzzies.  These are memories I will always hold close.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Who are you? Why are you talking to me?

Marcie said...

Hey McCrapsticks, what the hell are you talking about?

Claire looks like an innocent little school girl. Love her and her sweet little dress.

Anonymous said...

She is definitely up to something, she's putting on a cute little smirk to show she broke something.... I know..

Olivia

Anonymous said...

she is so sweet in that picture and it makes her look older!!!
Our little Claire is growing up!
love, gramma & pappy