Well, we finally did it.
We kept Keira off her supplemental oxygen for 24 hours.
The outcome was just ok.
Not great, but not horrible either.
She alarmed pretty frequently for desats (when the oxygen saturation in her blood goes lower than 93%). It was a very nerve racking night for us. The good news was that her saturation levels were generally in the 90%-92% range, which is not dangerous for her, but we were still pretty disappointed at the number of times she desatted at all. We are still waiting to hear back from the pulmonologist to see what her recommendations for Keira will be based on her trial night without O2. For now, we are back to life as usual and Keira is using her oxygen during her sleeping times.
On a lighter note, Keira laughed for the first time! She was in her exersaucer, being cute as can be as I was photographing her, and out came the funniest little laugh. The best part was that I had switched to 'video' mode on my camera so I actually caught it on video! Click below to hear our little sweetie.
8 comments:
Oh my God, Corey.....I can't believe you got that on tape! She moved me to tears. You weren't even doing anything and she was laughing at you. Hey, wait a minute...you weren't wearing those pajamas again were you?
I see alittle of Claire in her in that picture...
Corey llives in those pj's, Lil :)
gramma
Actually, I do. Once I got past how ridiculous I looked, I realized they were the most comfortable clothes I own. Maybe I'll take a picture one day for your viewing pleasure. :)
Time for a pajama party ;-)
mom
That happened on accident?!?!?! That is probably the most useful mistake EVER!
Love Via (Olivia)
She's beautiful. Send a picture the Regis and Kelly! The beautiful baby contest has begun!
How sweet!! The most beautiful laugh!!! I just love that face and those eyes OMG!!!!
Corey...I am sitting here crying watching your little one laugh. She is so beautiful and such a little miracle. Every day I stare at my twins in amazement...and every day it's something new. I know the joy you feel.
Cristy (Amy's friend)
Post a Comment