Wednesday, April 01, 2009





So now that I've updated you on Keira, I can fill you in on what Claire has been up to these days!

I've been taking Claire to 'The Little Gym' once a week while Grandmom Esther watches Keira at home.  Claire's buddy, Gabby, also goes to the weekly gym class and the two of them LOVE it!  Claire has been introduced to walking on a balance beam, hanging and swinging on parallel bars, jumping, rolling, kicking, throwing.....It is so much fun watching her show off her sporty side.  After the class, the four of us go out to lunch.  Claire loves eating out at a "restraw" as she calls a restaurant.  Especially if it involves pizza.

Claire's vocabulary is growing daily and I swear this little girl talks from the second her eyes open in the morning to the second they close at night.  She doesn't always use her words correctly, but she tries, and Steve and I can't believe some of the things she comes out with.  She tells me many times a day "I wuv you".  It makes me smile every time.  Of course I respond with "I love you two" and the other day she then said "I love you three."  Steve and I cracked up and she's been saying it ever since.  

Claire loves reporting to me throughout the day what Keira is doing.  "Keira is crying.  Get her!"  "Keira's awake.  Let's go!"  "Keira's smiling!" and she gets the biggest kick hearing Keira babble.  

Claire loves to blame everything on Starla and you can hear Claire disciplining her throughout the day.  You can also find her hugging, kissing, and climbing on her too.  

Claire has really gotten into her pretend play.  She spends the better part of the mornings playing with either her Little People or her Dora Doll House.  It is so funny to observe how she makes the little figures interact with eachother.  Dora often doesn't feel well and her mommy takes care of her by calling her "Sweetie" and telling her to "take a nap" or "go to the hopstible".  She often has the mommy and daddy figures kissing eachother and saying "I wuv you."  It is so so sweet.  

Claire is very into what she is wearing these days, but more importantly, showing her daddy what she is wearing.  Each morning after I get her dressed for the day, she runs into our bedroom where Steve is getting ready and does a little spin and dance while chanting "Look at me!  Look at my pretty dress!"  (Everything is a dress to her, no matter what she's actually wearing).  Steve does a great job of oohing and ahhing and telling her she's beautiful.  Claire just glows.  Today I put on a new outfit and she wanted me to "Call Daddy!"  "He say mommy beautiful dress!"  It was so cute.  And so is she.

5 comments:

Linda Devlin said...

She is growing up so fast!!!
I love the picture of her and Starla ... Starla with her eyes 'closed' :)
You, too, will be saying "Claire, what did the teacher say about your dress?" ;-)
mom (gramma)

Becky said...

I also especially love the pic of Starla and Claire with Starla squinting, they look so happy! I always loved make believe and played with barbies for years- It's the best part of being a little girl!

Marcie said...

She is such a doll. I love listen to Livija and her have conversations on the phone. I'm pretty sure Livija has absolutely no idea what Claire is saying, and probably Claire has no idea what Livija is saying, but they talk anyway. Kind of like one of our conversations...
I wonder where we both got such chatty daughters. hmmm.
PS. It's 8:30am, why haven't you called me yet?

The Spelling Police said...

I love you, two.

Aunt Elizabeth said...

The first picture was too cute. So stylish! We still remember buying her a small pair of baby sunglasses like it was yesterday. Time sure does fly.