Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Oh Lordy, I'm Forty.

June brought us the end of the school year, the end of the dance season, and the end of my THIRTIES!  That's right.  I am now forty years old.  We had an entire weekend of celebrations beginning with Friday night's dinner and homemade cake and cards from the girls (with Grandmom Esther's help!)  Saturday Claire and Keira went to Gramma and Pappy's and Steve and I headed to Philly for a fun night out with friends.

We arrived at our home for the night, The Latham...

Then we headed to Yakitoriboy, a sushi karoake lounge!  There were many saki martinis to drink, trays of delicious sushi to eat, a computerized karoake machine full of ridiculous songs to sing, and lots of laughter to be had!



















From there we began the looooooong walk to The Continental.  Poor Christa's feet almost fell off from walking in heels, but for some reason (saki martinis maybe?!) I didn't mind the walk and had fun at our many rest stops along the way to talk, wait up for the slow pokes, and take pictures.....





Finally, we were there!  Off with the shoes!  Bring on the drinks!



And what were those chairs all about?!



It was getting late and the party was starting to wind down, until there was mention of a dueling piano bar nearby!  Cabs were hailed and there were more songs to be sung....
Suddenly it was 2am and this forty year old was tired...and hungry.  A quick diner stop and then back to The Latham.  Sunday morning was there before we knew it and then we were off to The Copa for "breakfast" (margaritas and spanish fries).

Time to get the kiddos, but first.....HOT DOGS!

Ok, NOW time to get the kiddos!  It was a relaxing pool day at my mom and dad's.  We had dinner, cake, and then I was given the best present ever.....

I was so surprised!
It was a great weekend with the perfect mix of family, friends, craziness, and relaxation.


No comments: