Sunday, December 31, 2006


Claire's First Night In Her Crib
Actually this picture is of her second night....the first night didn't go so well.

Warm bath + Cozy PJ's + Full Tummy = Good Night Sleep, right? I guess maybe it would have if an hour into the night Claire didn't poop so much that her diaper blew off and poop went sliding all the way up her back! That was the beginning of a very long sleepless night.

Last night however we decided to try it again. (Brave, desperate, exhausted parents that we are!) This time Claire slept soundly from 11:30pm-4:00am.....probably the longest stretch of sleep any of us has gotten in weeks! She was up at 5:00am and slept the rest of the morning with us, but I have to say even if it was just for one night, Claire did an impressive job of sleeping in her crib! (And I feel like a new woman! Amazing what a little sleep can do, isn't it?)

4 comments:

amy said...

Abso-freakin-lutely!! Lack of sleep can be worse than torture!! Congrats to Claire! (And thank God for you guys!) That was a great stretch of time for little Claire to sleep...yee-ha! You guys are doing GREAT! You should be very proud of yourselves!

Corey and Steve said...

Dude...I just posted this like 30 seconds ago! You still there Ame? Call me!

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute! What a darling. I wish I looked like that when I sleep. Claire is going to be so proud of the description you put into the blog if you still have this when she gets older! I love all the pictures you're always posting. Everyone keeps asking us when we are going to have kids. For me- it's good enough to check out everyone else's kids for now! Ha Ha.

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart. I remember being so relieved when Livija finally started long stretches of sleep. Then I'd miss her and try and pick her up without waking her... whatever you do, don't do that. haha.